Dear Valued Trade Partners and Suppliers,
As with all project challenges, transparency, teamwork, and effective communication are important. This is especially true as we plan for and respond to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The pandemic created by COVID-19 is one of uncertainty and constantly changing circumstances. It also is the source of varied opinion and viewpoints, not to mention varied compliance with public health official guidelines and recommended behavior.
Nabholz has established a COVID-19 leadership team that meets daily during the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic. This team evaluates most recent guidance from public health officials and determines the most effective method of implementing that guidance. This leadership team will evaluate project- or office-specific issues and direct unique actions when necessary.
Nabholz is committed to working with you to implement and maintain strong processes and procedural actions that keep everyone associated with our projects as safe and healthy as possible. The following are steps we at Nabholz are taking in response to this pandemic. We are sharing this plan with you to communicate our viewpoint and action plan, but also to request your support by implementing similar action plans within your business so that we will all be aligned. If we work together, we can mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 virus and ensure continuity of operations across all our projects.
The following outlines the Nabholz protocol for people being tested or who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Any individual who was present on a Nabholz project or at a Nabholz office who is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, shall remain at home pending the results of the test.
- Any individual who was present on a Nabholz project or at a Nabholz office and receives a positive test result is asked to notify the Nabholz medical team (Dr. Steve Long at 501-269-6011). Confidentiality will be maintained. This will allow us to inform other potentially impacted workers so they can manage their health.
- Nabholz will identify and separate potentially impacted workers and trade partners and provide specific direction.
- Nabholz will notify non-impacted workers and trade partners.
Response to a Positive COVID-19 Test:
- In the event of a positive test of a co-worker, crew member or any person working on a Nabholz project or in a Nabholz office:
- The affected employee will be sent home and quarantined in accordance with his/her doctor’s orders. He/she will return to work only after being cleared to do so by a medical professional.
- People who are working or have worked near the affected worker and within the guidelines for concern (e.g., within a 6-foot radius for an extended period), will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Some will be asked to self-quarantine and others will be allowed to continue working based on the direction of medical professionals.
- The job site or office where the positive employee worked will be closed with no activity for 24 to 48 hours for deep cleaning, fogging and/or disinfecting.
- All or a reasonable portion of any office or job site will be deep cleaned using an EPA approved disinfectant that is recommended by the CDC or similar authority to work effectively against viral pathogens.
- After the deep cleaning period, work will resume as normal.
In addition to the testing response outlined above, Nabholz business will be conducted with the following practices.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Whitehouse Coronavirus Task Force all recommend social distancing as the primary means for slowing the Coronavirus, allowing health officials to keep up with the demands placed on the healthcare system. Social distancing is simply preventing or limiting human-to-human contact. At Nabholz, we are practicing social distancing as follows:
- Limiting any meeting to less than 10 people.
- Transitioning any necessary meeting to a teleconference, or virtual meeting (Skype, MS Team, GoToMeeting, or Zoom).
- On-site meetings (Safety, OAC, planning) will be conducted in small groups and by telephone if possible. Expect the Nabholz project superintendent to implement these changes.
- Pre-bid, pre-construction, and similar meetings traditionally held in the office with a large group attendance will be conducted virtually.
- Watching for and making sick employees leave the office or site and remain at home while seeking medical care/evaluation.
Heightened Hygiene Diligence:
- Increasing hand-washing stations on project sites and/or adding sanitizing stations on site.
- Emphasizing respiratory etiquette (coughing/sneezing into an elbow) and not shaking hands.
- Increasing cleaning of offices and project site offices.
- Maintaining cleaning and sanitizing supplies (to the greatest extent possible) in offices and project site offices to allow individuals to self-clean gathering spaces, personal workspace. and conference rooms.
- Utilizing only an EPA approved disinfectant that is recommended by the CDC or similar authority to work effectively against viral pathogens.
- Nabholz remains vigilant and we ask that all trade partners do the same.
- Trade Partner Action Steps –
- Notify Nabholz as soon as you are aware of a supply chain issue.
- Research alternative supply options to mitigate the impact of the issue.
- Trade Partner Action Steps –
This COVID-19 pandemic is changing frequently, so we will continue to assess risk and our compliance with recommendations with public health officials. If you have any questions about Nabholz’ response to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact us.