Since 1949 Nabholz Construction Services has been synonymous with integrity and quality in the construction industry. The company was founded by R.D. (Bob) Nabholz and began somewhat by accident. Bob was building a house for his soon-to-be-bride when a man came along and made an offer on the house which he accepted. Bob took the profit and continued to build houses then duplexes. This led to commercial buildings and the beginning of Nabholz Construction.
1949- Nabholz Construction begins with the sale of the first house Bob Nabholz built for his bride.
1951- The company’s in-house millwork shop is established.
1955- Nabholz Construction is incorporated in the state of Arkansas.
1958- Nabholz is awarded the first $1 million project: the Arkansas Children’s Colony.
1961- Nabholz establishes the pre-engineered metal building operation.
1973- The Nabholz carpentry apprenticeship program, now known as Nabholz University, is formed.
1986- Nabholz first appears on ENR’s “Top 400 Contractors List.”
1990- Nabholz reaches $100 million in sales, expands into Oklahoma and Northwest Arkansas and establishes the service operation.
1993- Nabholz establishes the excavation operation. Nabholz Industrial Services is founded.
1996- Nabholz expands into Missouri.
2002- Nabholz becomes a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.
2004- Nabholz completes first LEED® Gold project. Expands into Kansas.
2005- Nabholz expands into Northeast Arkansas.
2008- Nabholz ranked #90 on ENR’s list of “Top Green Contractors.”
2009- Nabholz celebrates 60 years of business.
2011- Nabholz is ranked #112 in ENR’s Top 400 Contractors list.
2012- Nabholz expands to include Nabholz Environmental Services.